viernes, 15 de noviembre de 2013

use - usually - used to - be used to




















Study these examples:

- Use a black pen to write your name.
- He used a computer to calculate the answer.


- I usually have coffee for breakfast but sometimes I have fruit juice.
- I don't usually drink wine for lunch but I often do for dinner.


- When I was a little girl I used to play with my sisters (but I don't now).- Mitterrand used to be President of France (but he isn't now).
- My mother always used to make me sandwiches for lunch (but she doesn't now).
- I used to drink milk out of a bottle when I was a baby (but I don't now).


- I was born in the country; it took me a long time to get used to the noise and dirt of the town.
- She is shy; she is not used to performing in public.
- If you have English guests, remember they are not used to eating as late as 8 o'clock.
- You may find it difficult to get used to getting up so early.
- When I lived in Cádiz I got used to the heat but it wasn't easy.
- When I was at school I got used to wearing a uniform but I'd find it hard now.
- When I went to the USA I found it difficult at first because I wasn't used to listening to their accent.













No hay comentarios: